Lead your church ... who can help
We believe the Great Commission was given to the local church. To help facilitate local churches desiring to reach the nations, we want to come alongside to provide awareness, resources, coaching and equipping. We know many church leaders have a heart to lead their church in reaching the nations but they may just not know where to start. Below are two teams that have been created to better serve your church:
Missional Church Strategists serve local churches through coaching, training, connecting and networking. Their work often involves meeting pastors/staff, mission teams and church leaders. As churches desire to take the next step in being on mission, the church strategists can assist in helping to instill a biblical understanding of missions, developing a comprehensive mission strategy, identifying strategic opportunities for involvement and networking with like-minded churches.
Church Mobilization Specialists are available by phone or e-mail from the Richmond, VA offices to assist churches with all their international mission needs. This assistance includes mobilizing the church for missions, information on unreached people groups, connecting and partnering with IMB missionaries, prayer and training resources, missions events planning, securing missionary speakers and much more.
Church Mobilization Specialists are your first and ongoing connection point and will help you connect to your Missional Church Strategist and the field.
To speak to a church mobilization specialist, call: (877) 462-4721 or use the list to contact the specialist for your state directly.
Area 1 - CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV
NANCY CHAFFIN - email@example.com - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1914
Area 2 - IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, OH, TN, WI
BRENDA HELMS - firstname.lastname@example.org - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1943
Area 3 - FL, GA, SC
WENDY HOUSTON - email@example.com - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1963
Area 4 - AL, AR, LA, MO, MS
LINDA HOPE - firstname.lastname@example.org - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1935
Area 5 - AK, AZ, CA, Canada, CO, HI, ID, KS, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY
BARBARA SMITH - email@example.com - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1423
Area 6 - OK, TX
MARY JO HINES - firstname.lastname@example.org - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1453
AFRICAN-AMERICAN MOBILIZATION SPECIALIST
JANICE WATSON - email@example.com - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1501
HISPANIC MOBILIZATION SPECIALIST
MARCELA RIVERA - firstname.lastname@example.org - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1366
KOREAN MOBILIZATION SPECIALIST
EZRA BAE - email@example.com - (800) 999-3113, ext. 1483
Our team wants to help you answer your international mission questions. These are the kinds of questions we get from Pastors and Mission Leaders.
• How can my church be more involved in missions?
• How can we pray more specifically for missionaries and unreached people groups?
• What resources can help us be more aware of missions?
• Can you help me in developing a mission strategy?
• How can we develop a partnership with a missionary?
• We want to take a short term mission trip. Can you help us?
• What is Embrace all about and if we commit how can IMB help me?
• What is the difference between unreached and unengaged people groups?
• How do I research a people group?
• What kinds of training are available?
Our team is ready to help you whatever your questions may be.
We can provide:
• Coaching: At certain points along the way, you may need counsel and guidance toward next steps. Learning how to avoid pitfalls and delays, streamlining processes, discovering proven best practices and maximizing your efforts and resources is critical for maximum impact and growth. Electronic and printed materials are available to facilitate quicker, easier and more profitable engagements. Further, we will provide experienced and highly-skilled mobilization specialists and missional church strategists to assist, assuring you of personal and individual service for each need.
• Networking: Becoming aware of others who are involved with the same projects, or teams, is helpful in determining next levels of participation. Learning how others are taking part often presents an opportunity to create a strategic relationship with both field teams and other churches. These relationships create a synergy that can lead to increased effectiveness and greater impact on the peoples you are trying to reach. Your Church Services Group can become your link to others of like mind and practice.
• Training: The best prepared church and team are generally the most effective church and team. Appropriate, timely and cost-effective training becomes essential to achieving optimum results. Acts 1:8 strategy development, people group adoptions and advocacy training, and missions discipleship training are just a few of our areas of expertise. Your mobilization specialist and missional church strategist can lead you to the latest, best and most complete materials and processes. Occasionally they may lead the training for you.
• Consulting: At various stages of development, churches may experience the need to have a deeper level of guidance or consulting. The missional church strategist can render additional insight and share best practices over a longer period of time, as each case requires. Specific goals and time allotments are necessary for this level of consulting.