The International Mission Board, in cooperation with the National African American Fellowship of the SBC, has launched the George Liele Scholarship.
All are invited to join the IMB in celebrating the rich history of our African American missionaries through their prayerful and financial support. The expectation for the scholarship is to encourage innovation and eliminate barriers toward missions mobilization among Black and African American Southern Baptist churches so that the IMB missions force reflects the growing diversity of the Southern Baptist Convention and the multitudes our missionaries are reaching with the gospel every day.
You and your church can provide financial support to the scholarship today at imb.org/give/project/george-liele-scholarship.
Application for the scholarship is open for all with a stated intention to develop and facilitate one or more of the following:
- Corporate prayer for IMB missionaries and the peoples they serve;
- A culture of generosity benefiting the work of IMB missionary teams;
- Education or training on cross-cultural missions;
- Mission trips/vision trips with IMB teams and global partners;
- General mobilization toward partnership with IMB teams.
Scholarship applications opened for submission on March 1st. Apply now.